Gandia offers a vast range of cultural routes thanks to the great variety of monuments of historic and cultural interest.
The Monastary Route
La Ruta dels Monestirs is an tourist itinerary which runs through the central regions of Valencia joining 5 old convents or monastaries. The itinerary can be carried out by car on the main road in order to directly access the monastaries, or on foot following the path GR-236, which will take you along medieval mountain paths (Pas del Pobre), royal paths, and old railway lines. Throughout the 90 km of this route, from Gania to Alzira, you will have the opportunity of seeing different cities, villages, valleys rivers and mountains. This route consist of 5 stages, each one of them coincides with a monastary:
- - Monestir de Sant Jeroni de Cotalba (Alfauir).
- - Convent del Corpus Christi (Llutxent)
- - Monasterio de Santa María de la Valldigna (Simat de la Valldigna)
- - Convent d’Aigües Vives (Carcaixent)
- - Monestir de La Murta (Alzira)